Now I know the normal reaction to brussel sprouts is of general disgust and loathing, but with some creativity and love thay can be absolutely wonderful. I took a house of five people (three of which are horribly picky eaters) and convinced them that brussel sprouts were a gift from God to our palates! And it was incredibly easy!
- 1 lb whole brussel sprouts
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 small yellow onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- wash and completely dry brussel sprouts (if you don’t completely dry they can become a little soggy while cooking, which makes them a little gross!) pull off any brown leaves and but into quarters, set aside.
- cook bacon until nice and crispy,let drain on paper towel. leave fat in pan, this is what will make them so delicious!
- dice onion into about 1/4 in, add onion to hot pan of baking grease, let cook until translucent, add quarted brussel sprouts and stir to coat. add garlic. turn down heat to low, cover, and let cook for about 15 minutes until tender. stir occasionally, you want to make sure they don’t burn.
- crumble the bacon, stir into the brussel sprouts and serve!
This recipe served five people some small to medium sized servings, we easily could have eaten twice as much! We really like garlic and onions, they’re some of our favorite ingredients, you can easily add extra of either. If you’re huge bacon fans, you can make as much as you want to o in here, just drain out some, you only need about 1/4 cup.
I don’t currently have a photo but as soon as I get one I’ll post ti!