Honestly, I would never choose to have fried chicken for dinner. I’m not a huge fan of the taste, its messy to make and cook, and clean up is awful; basically everything I dislike! My fiance, Elias, absolutely loves fried chicken. If the choice is up to him he will go to KFC everyday, this means we end up having to cook it occasionally. He tells a story from when he was younger where his sister would ask him and his brother what they wanted for dinner and every night they would say fried chicken. She thought she would make it until they were sick of it, but after two weeks she had to stop because they obviously weren’t going to!!
Elias found a recipe that he was dying to try, with a few changes I made it pretty darn good!
- 1 lb Chicken tenders or bone in chicken, your choice
- Buttermilk or Milk to soak chicken in overnight, just enough to cover the chicken
- Cream of chicken condensed soup, small can
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C milk
- 1/4 t seasoned salt
- 10 T Flour
- 10 T cornstarch
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t seasoned salt
- 1 t black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Rinse and dry chicken, soak in milk for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees
- In one bowl combine soup, egg, first seasoned salt, and milk. Stir well to ensure all in incorporated.
- In another bowl sift all dry ingredients together.
- Place all chicken in soup mixture. One at a time drop chicken in flour mixture to coat, using a for or spoon carefully place in hot oil.
- Fry until heated to a minimum of 165 degrees F and golden brown on the outside. Let drain on paper towel.